(It sounds like I have a new favorite holiday!)
Wotcher Harry Potter fans!
Okay, I guess Christmas will always be my favorite holiday (and after that Stan Lee Day!) but I have to say that this is pretty awesome.
You’re a Harry Potter fan, right?
Answer: yes: Well of course you are! Keep reading awesome person!
Answer: no: Er, excuse me?! You’re on a Harry Potter blog, dude. No, this is not A Million Hamster Turtlenecks. You really should read the Harry Potters, though, <zombie>JOIN US</zombie>. Oh drat, lousy HTML.
Now that we’ve established the obvious, would you consider yourself a nerd?
This question is usually a little harder to answer. Personally, I specialize in many different nerdisms. I am (of course) a Harry Potter nerd, as well as The World’s Hugest Secret Series Nerd, a Spider-Man nerd, Pirates of the Caribbean nerd, Jerry Bruckheimer nerd, very generally I am a Nerdy Movie Nerd, a bookworm (aka booknerd), a Photo Nerd, an Internet nerd…. I could go on forever. I really could.
Sometimes, we are unsure of just how crazy we really are. Since this is a Harry Potter blog, I’ll tell you the basic ways you can tell a Harry Potter Nerd, a General Harry Potter fan, and the I Know Potter Person apart:
I know Potters:
- Have seen a minimum of one Harry Potter movie.
- Might or might not have read a Harry Potter book.
- Will try to convince a Potter Nerd that they are up to General Potter Fan status.
General Potter Fans:
- Have read all of the Harry Potters.
- Have seen all of the Potter movies.
- Worship Rowling a little bit.
Harry Potter Nerds:
- Have read all of the Harry Potter books.
- Have seen all of the Harry Potter movies.
- Have acquired a poster/ other HP merchandise.
- Read Harry Potter blogs and/or connect with other nerds through the Internet or other nerdy outlets.
- Go to midnight/ special preview Harry Potter movies. (Bonus points if in costume or merchandise. Extra bonus points if you go three times and wear a full Gryffindor uniform the third time and attract weird looks from random strangers).
Of course, a Harry Potter nerd can be a lot nerdier than what I have described. Once you’ve reached the level where you can proudly call yourself a Harry Potter nerd, you can go really crazy. But that takes a while to blog about so I’m going to get to my point.
My point is that when you are a nerd, people around you are forced to live with your obsessive nerdiness. You speak Nerd 24/7 and let’s face it, %90 of the time no one knows what you’re saying. Maybe they get tired of you and say “Can you speak Normal please?”.
Maybe you hide a little bit. Maybe you lock yourself in your poster-plastered nerd room and discuss book theories with your alter ego that lives in another dimension (I think it’s time you talked to your alter ego about roleplaying a little less). The Normals have diluted your nerdiness with their-*gulp*- normality.
If you’re like me, the Normals don’t stop you from being a nerd. But I still think it’s great to embrace nerdiness by celebrating Geek Pride Day. Geek Pride Day is a fantastic day to be randomly nerdy and escape from normality for a while. Geek Pride Day takes place on May 25th and is a “non-denominational holiday to be celebrated by nerds and geeks who do not feel ashamed of showing their unconventional interests in public.”
So remember to get nerdy!!!😀
Thanks for visiting this website Harry Potter fans!